Monday 8 September 2014

My heart.

Was it always romanticized?
Does it show on my skin where these boundaries begin?
Does it show in my eyes all the un-cried tears from all injustices?
Can you see it?
When you look at me,
That deep within my soul I love,
Indiscriminately but for now that’s a word associated with death.



Can you see it in my nails?
The earth under my nails when ivory becomes more important than nature,
Can you smell it on me?
The stench brought out by all the corruption brewing within me,
I can see that you can sense my defeat,
When my knees are on the ground and my face upturned to the heavens.



Is that me?
Is that all that I am?
I believe am more than just “that other tribe”,
I am a heart,
A steady beating heart,
I am the blood that runs through your veins to unite you,
I am that air you take in every moment of your life,
I am the words of truth and hope,
I am Kenya because my heart beats for it

No comments:

Post a Comment