Thursday 8 May 2014

Stroke


I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling,
Crap!is this the life I am meant to live, I curse,
Does it have to be this hard,
I want to get out of bed but I have no reason to live,

Am helped out,
This is devastating does it have to be like this,
Not even little tasks can I carry out,
I hate this!

It could be worse, they say,
Fuck!what could be worse than this?, I retort,
You could be dead,
Shit! I would rather die than be like this.

When teenagers say you don't understand,
I feel that hopeless pain, because in fact no one can,
No movement on one side of my body,
Paralyzed down to one side.

Stuck in a wheelchair,
Can't hold my grandchildren,
Can't give them the love they deserve,
And you want to tell me you understand?
Get down to this wheelchair and you will fucking understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment